Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chocolate Decadence Cookies

Have I got a great recipe for you chocoholics!  My youngest sons and I came up with this one to honor the head of our household for his birthday.  Happy Birthday Hunky Hubby!!!  He adores chocolate and these are cookies everyone can be happy about.  Gluten free and so rich and chocolatey.

Cheers To You!

Dry:
 2 1/2 C. Blanched Almond Flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Wet:
1/2 C Butter
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Nutella
2 eggs
1 Tbs. Vanilla Extract
1 C. Chocolate Chips

Spoon rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper in batches of 6 each.  Refrigerate dough in between batches.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing with spatula.  Transfer to wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before eating.  I really couldn't tell you the yield on these but a good estimate would be at least a dozen =).  We sampled quite a few before the final count.  Refrigerate cooled cookies in a ziploc or tupperware container.





The cookies spread out huge so they are a great oversized snack and dessert.
Bon Apetit!

6 comments:

  1. Oh they look gorgeous!!!

    Wooohooo and Happy Birthday Hunky Scott!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the nutella today, NUT ELLA, lol! and i forgot to get the choc chips, but i will tomorrow, almost midnight here, going to beddybyes now, so have a lovely day, and thank you for the presents! and i send you some photos of me wearing my new things... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how funny, NUT ELLA, suits you huh?! lol

    Be careful with that stuff. I've been known to sneak in the pantry and eat a spoonful (or two) when no one is looking.

    I hope your cookies turn out super. My husband absolutely loved these, and it is his favorite g-free treat to date.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your telling me, i bought a cup of Nutella, you know the one that comes in a glass that once washed can be used for fruit juices, and i ate it all, so i had to go buy the larger one, its very moorish!!! I am waiting on my cookies now! its warm in here already, so with the oven on i am cooking too! I shall let you know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck is "moorish", not a term I'm familiar with ;)

    ReplyDelete