Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Green Goddess Homemade Dressing #2

Well this is our all time favorite dressing and in addition to the honey mustard I have one more to share at a later date.



This dressing is super easy and only requires 4 ingredients! 

  • 1 Cup Mayo
  • 1 Cup Cilantro
  • 2 green onions ( I only needed one because this one from my garden was supersized, look at how long that baby is!!!)
  • 1/4 Cup pickle juice (no pickles!)
Blend all together and it is creamy, spicy and just has the best flavor.  My husband says this is his favorite dressing ever and I'm never allowed to purchase any in a bottle.  Try not to add all the juice at first because you want it to be a thicker consistency.  Slowly add in the pickle juice until the greens break down in the blender.  And make sure to cut up the onions and chop the cilantro if you have a standard blender (like me).  You don't want to stress it too much.  If you have something like a Vita-Mix it will be a breeze.

Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. You are definately what i call the Green Goddess hunni, you are very creative i can see one day your going to have a Bohemian book out with all your thrifty ideas!!! Hugss will miss you, have a nice time away with the boys xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start writing a manuscript, would love to write a book of tips, recipes...that would be a dream

    ReplyDelete