Thursday, August 18, 2011

...Special Sentiments...

I haven't shared much in the way of "Positive Spirituality" as one of the topics I would like to cover more.

My mother sent this saying to me in a card and I adored it.  The reason she sent this was that I have a lot of hummingbirds visiting my feeder (as does she at her home), so hummingbirds are always close to our hearts.

"Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy, and celebration.  The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation."


Here is a stock photo of a lovely bird as my birds were being camera shy!  I was stalking them all day to catch that magic shot but they eluded my camera lens.  I feel being close to nature is one of life's greatest gifts.  When I see one of these birds close by my window it makes me feel alive and connected to something greater; the greater good of the universe.

Amen!


I am so excited that I finally captured a couple images of our hummingbirds.  They are so tiny but I think you can see her/him in there!




3 comments:

  1. Very lovely and inspiring, i have never seen one of them in real life, only ever on the internet or on the television. Hugss to you across the pond my online Sis! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? There are no hummingbirds in your area? That is sad...they are such beautiful creatures! One more reason that you have to come out here for a visit--------soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are totally NONE i see possibly a robin nearer to christmas, and maybe some magpies, sparrows, blue tit birds, but i think that and them horrible pidgeons, and if we go near a lake we might see ducks and swans, but no hummingbirds ever! xx

    ReplyDelete