Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

This is my favorite soup of all time and it couldn't be easier!

  • 1 Steamed or Baked Butternut Squash (scrape out seeds and put the meat of the squash in blender)
  • 1 Cup Chicken Broth
  • 1 Cup Coconut Milk
  • Dried Thyme
  • Salt/Pepper
  • Turmeric
  • Dried Parsley
Place in blender to a smooth consistency and warm to desired temperature.  This is so comforting and I even had a bowl for breakfast one morning.  Tonight I am making cream of broccoli in the exact same way, just substituting the broccoli for the butternut.  Any vegetable/squash would make a lovely soup.



(this was garnished with some dehydrated kale that I made in my dehydrator)


This post brings me to my latest obsession, the Vitamix blender:










I have my wish list in with the family as we speak for Mom's birthday present (that's me!).  I use my regular blender every single day whether for smoothies or soups, and even my homemade dressings.  The price is a little steep but this machine is probably worth every penny.

*Cheers*

1 comment:

  1. Looks gorgeous that soup, i would add a little black pepper. Your blog is looking great, love the little movies to show your new machine xx

    ReplyDelete